View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #21
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
Ah, the community is divided. Into two conferences maybe? Now we only need a few more divisions of opinion, and we can make a league out of it ;-).

More seriously: What I really want is a manual where I can find the information I need (mostly about the customization options, in my case).

Yes, a well-filled Wiki would be great - but it's out of the scope of what I can hope to achieve (even with the help of the five veterans I am looking for).

Looks like I am between a rock and a hard place ;-).

When I clamor that the manual isn't up date, I am being bashed that the manual is more or less done by the community.

When I ask the community to help write the missing manual parts, I get bashed for trying to involve others, or that the company producing the game should be doing the manual in the first place.

Duh.

Where lies the solution?
My comment certainly wasn't a bash, but understand your frustration. Just trying to offer some suggestions to help you get rolling with this.

Perhaps you have a list or partial list of specific areas you feel need the most attention in the manual? If you do, post it here. Some people might see it and think, "oh, that's not hard, I'll add a bit to it."

Maybe I'm reaching here too.

It's always difficult to get volunteers, but don't give up. If you start showing some actual work done on it, people might be more inclined to help. I certainly would pitch in as time allowed me to.

Hope you have success with this.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote