View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #48
petrel
Minors (Single A)

Middle infielder Ron Godly is said to have "experienced a religious rebirth" at a outdoor revival outside of <city> and has decided to bring his new faith into the clubhouse. "I needed to reassess my life and my unhappiness, and I finally feel that I'm on the right track."

Teammates are finding Godly's clubhouse behavior annoying. "He's always leaving tracts around and complaining about our behavior," an anonymous teammate said. "Some of the older guys are trying to bring him down to earth but it's getting out of hand." Rumor has it that Manager Max Maven has had a few words with Godly and will try to cool clubhouse tensions.

Pitcher Skip Friendly was seen at Governor Jack Grossman's campaign making a campaign speech to vote for Grossman. This has caused a division in the clubhouse which was formerly politics-free, but some members of the team don't agree with Grossman's platform and have let Friendly know it. "I'm just expressing my opinion," Friendly said. "How did that become a crime? Don't we have freedom of speech?"

Relations with fellow player <name of player> are said to have chilled considerably. An source inside the clubhouse said that Grossman's opponent went to school with <name of player's> brother.

Outfilder David Sloth has suddenly turned it around in the clubhouse. "I never really cared to watch video after striking out," Sloth said. "I felt that when I did I couldn't shake off a bad performance. But that was just my ego talking." After a long conversation with manager Max Maven, Sloth decided to give looking at videos another chance, and his hitting has really improved. "My mechanics were worse than I thought," Sloth said, "and our batting coach gave me some instructions - I thought I'd have to change my swing completely but that wasn't the case. "

Sloth is now hitting <batting statistics>. "Now I look at video all the time!"

Who'd have thought that an airway obstruction was the key to pitcher Raymond Slider turning his year around? "I always felt tired even after ten hours of sleep, and it showed on the mound." Now that Slider is working with a respiratory therapist and a breathing machine, Slider says that he feels "lots better" after sleeping. "I feel like I could pitch twelve straight innings when I get up on the mound!"

Last edited by petrel; 02-25-2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: punctuation
petrel is offline   Reply With Quote