View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 08:24 AM   #8
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I'm doing the Marlins. 59-103 in the first season...ouch. Like Mr. Marlin above, I think OOTP is underrating Brian Anderson a bit, I think he is seriously underrated in real life.

You aren't going to make this team good right away, playing on hard trading difficulty. After the first season there are some big contracts coming off the books, there is no salvaging Chen though, I just released him and ate the money. Made some minor moves in the offseason, traded for Hunter Renfroe, young cheap power bat, picked up a ton of relievers on waivers that are better than we started out with. Had enough room in the budget to sign Xander Bogaerts in the offseason to play SS and got the Pirates to pick up a good portion of Gregory Polanco's contract so he's in on a team friendly deal.

I think Brinson is properly rated, he had a horrible 2019 in my sim, Victor Victor is a much higher rated player at this point so I decided to move Brinson along with a couple of lower rated prospects, including Isan Diaz who struggled huge in his MLB debut, for Eduardo Escobar (Arizona retaining salary of course) and a couple of their top prospects in C Daulton Varsho (#77 prospect according to Fangraphs, 75 potential according to my scout) and SP Jon Duplantier (Borderline top 100 guy).

I was also able to take advantage of a couple teams being short of 40 man roster spots for everyone, so I was able to snag Rays 1B prospect Nate Lowe and P Jalen Beeks in a pretty cheap trade. Lowe has a ton of potential in game. Finally with my first round pick in the 19 draft, drafted 1B/3B Andrew Vaughn who is already close to the majors and looks like he could be a cornerstone, franchise player.

Don't know yet how the team projects for 2020, but at least there's something there and a plan in place, I think we can compete in 2020, but the pitching is going to be the weak part with a bunch of young guys with no real MLB track record.
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote