Thread: Career dynasty
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 04:02 PM   #6
Margaret Garlick
Minors (Rookie Ball)

September: 4-2-3 (3-0 OT). The month opens with the good news that RW Alexander Holtz has been signed by Chicago and therefore won't play for Djurgården. I would expect him to slot in on their second line, he's that good and they're that bad. We dump G Svedberg's massive contract to Skellefteå, getting a transfer fee in return; our first regular-time win comes in the 5th game at Djurgården, and the team follows it up by beating league leaders Malmö Redhawks to go third. A win over HV71 closes out the month, lifting us to 2nd place after 10/52 games.

October: 4-1-2 (1-1 OT). I keep expecting the streak to break and instead it goes to 9 wins in a row (with the help of spome crazy shootout form from Kossila and Suomi). We lose for the first time on the 17th, but still pick up an OT point. The last match is a heavy loss, but we still lead the league one point ahead of Oskarshamn. With this budget and the core I've built up, I'm prepared to stay here until I get an offer from North America.

November: 4-2-1 (1-0 OT). Month starts with a loss to drop to 3rd, then a dramatic five-shot shootout win over 2nd-placed Malmö, without our star center who is somehow playing Karjala Cup despite a sore hamstring. We lose to league leaders Oskarshamn but stay in and around the top after some nice wins to end the month, only kept away by the bizarre form of Malmö's backup goalie Niklas Rubin (1.22 GAA in 14 games). There's now a group of five teams at the top challenging for the regular season title: in addition to the two already mentioned, Linköping and Rögle are only a few points behind.

December: 6-1-1 (0-1 OT). Fairly easy schedule sees us have our best month so far, taking over as sole league leader despite a disappointing OT loss to bottom dwellers Växjö. Oskarshamn and Malmö and are hot on our heels but at the end of the month we open up a gap. With 20 games to go the goal is to avoid injuries - we might start rotating goalies a bit more now and use some of the backups that have had very little game time. C Kossila is named player of the month, but suffers a foot contusion which will probably see him miss the first two games of January.

SHL table at the end of 2021. Good start.
Margaret Garlick is offline   Reply With Quote