View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 03:02 PM   #227
garion333
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan19 View Post
Excellent points Zep.

By the way, below is the exact quote from Markus back on Feb. 20th, 2018. Also, take note of the comment about Solecismic and OOTP working together for 8 months prior to Feb. 2018. That means there has been some sort of development effort on going for 2 1/2 years now.

OOTP originally set these expectations, not the community. It is not unreasonable to anticipate or request an occasional status update.
They were shooting for 2018, when that didn't happen as things were taking longer than expected, Jim pushed out a large free patch to FOF8 which contains some stuff he was keeping for FOF9.

This past June they said the game is still being worked on, but OOTP had to pull some resources (not Jim, I assume) from FOF development to aid in development elsewhere in OOTP.

Sorry if I got any of those details a bit off, but my point is that the development roadmap is not an easy one. Something as seemingly simple as OOTP Go, which is a straight port of OOTP XX to mobile, has been delayed until next year when they said it would be out this past summer.

OOTP does not have a huge staff. When things get tough, they have to pool resources the best they can and other projects suffer. There's simply no indication this game is dead when back in June they said "hold tight, it's still coming." In the meantime, enjoy what we do have in OOTP, FOF, DDS, etc. I think that's a better use of everyone's time and energy than drive-by posting with an "it's dead." Shark also should know better than respond as he did.

Last edited by garion333; 12-09-2019 at 03:04 PM.