View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 12:31 PM   #85
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
That's a good point. I find myself drawn to the same players because I know they can produce. But, yeah, it isn't so interesting because the teams end up being near carbon copies with no personality. I think I am going to take a look at my teams this weekend and try to fix that. There are a few threads on the forum where people have posted their theme ideas.

It makes for some tough, but fun decisions. It also makes you look closer at your team when trying to figure which team needs a particular player more. I have to admit that I would probably make a lone exception for Willie Mays, the greatest ever. I wouldn't actively seek to find him for another team, but if I pulled him for one of my other teams, there's no way I could cut him loose. In fact, he is the reason I went forward with Port Ruppert in PT 2.0. Even that 1973 42-year-old Say Hey Kid will be, at the very least, my center fielder against lefties until I get another Mays card to replace it. And I still would keep the card.

My heart also plays a big role, sometimes to my teams' detriment. I pulled a pretty potent Mike Piazza card, but had to get rid of him after about a third of a season. Just couldn't bear seeing him the lineup. I also did the same with a Pete Rose. I'm sure, if I took a hard look at my rosters, there are guys playing ahead of others who have better cards, but I guess nostalgia is a big part of my interest in PT.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote