View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 03:21 PM   #44
jpontzer93
Bat Boy

I'll have several games going.

The main one will be with the Pirates. I manage each game (I do substitutions only; I let the manager do the rest), and let the assistant GM handle call-ups/downs and minor league FA signings, except for my top prospects (2.5 star potential or above), which I disable AI promotions/demotions for.

The second game I do (I've tried to do this format several times, but never follow through because I get lazy) will be World Series or bust for 2019. I'll takeover whoever I feel like the best/most fun team is for the year (looking at maybe LAD, PHI, BOS or NYY because of the big markets). I'll play the season 1 day at a time in real time, playing each day like I do in my PIT series, and handling the minors the same way as well. I'll trade away any prospects as needed to make the 2019 club better, going for it all, as I will not be continuing after the season's done. Wish me luck with this one.

I'll probably takeover a rebuilding/hot young team with good prospects (looking at probably SD for this one). I really won't manage any of the games for this one (except for playoffs, opening days, and top prospect debuts). For this one I sim 3 days at a time (so I can keep an eye on waivers) and manage the prospects as I do above.

I'll also probably take over the Washington Wild Things in the independent Frontier League for some extra fun.

I always want to do a historical game with the Pirates in the early-mid 2000s (I always look at 2007-8, when the Bucs had Bay, Nady, McLouth, Bautista, LaRoche, Sanchez, Wilson, Doumit, but no pitching at all) for some nostalgia, but I always find myself getting frustrated at roster inaccuracies and quit when I find them (i.e., J. Karstens and Jose Tabata have been on the Pirates in the beginning of 2008 games, even though they were acquired in the Nady trade later that year)

Last edited by jpontzer93; 03-17-2019 at 03:25 PM.
jpontzer93 is offline   Reply With Quote