View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 07:28 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Question OOTP 18 Discussion: Head-to-Head / Online Gaming

Okay, I do not want to get your hopes up too much, but we are currently looking into the idea of getting some sort of mode into the game which lets you play games head-to-head against other human opponents.

Now, there are obviously an infinite number of ways how such a mode could look like, so let me throw some brainstorming at you...

Challenge a friend for an head-to-head exhibition game with your team from your solo league.
Positive: Easy to set up, quick action
Negative: No real reward, cheating is easily possible by editing players

Play head-to-head games in an online league
Positive: Good immersion, games mean something
Negative: Only the first game for a sim period (i.e. 7 days) would be playable, so commishes would have to sim & post league files day-by-day if users want to play out every game. Timing issue (in real life I even have problems meeting friends for a coffee, how likely is it that users in online leagues find the right time to meet and play?)

Something like FIFA's Ultimate Team or MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty mode
Positive: Great immersion, a new play mode (collect player cards and set up your team with them, card packs can be purchased or unlocked via achievements), no cheating easily possible, can challenge & play against strangers or friends via matchmaking, user teams can take part in automated league play
Negative: Lots of development work, success depends on number of users playing this mode

OK, which one would you use? Do you have a different idea for an online / head-to-head / e-sports mode in OOTP?

Cheers,
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 09-30-2016 at 07:30 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote