View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 11:40 PM   #21
ike121212
All Star Reserve

Fixing Draft Day- we're building hockey teams and this the biggest day of the year. The experience falls flat right now.

Ability to customize Views
So the draft starts, and there's usually about 25 5 star prospects. How do you differentiate quickly? Switch over to skater ratings...player list is resorted and you see goalies at the top. Overall and Potential ratings aren't shown. It's the root of what makes drafting tedious and frustrating.

I customize every view I use in OOTP, and their out of the box views are better. If you don't do this, we need respectable skater and goalie potential screens.

Save/Edit Filters
We need more options and the ability to save. There's certain types of prospects I'm always looking for, say high character + high hockey sense + above average skaters. I don't want to look through dozens of player detail screens.

Scouting Director Recommendation

Obvious thing to steal

Everyone looks the same

OOTP struggled with this for years. Displaying ratings relative the NHL would fix it. When an average skater goes from 16 down to 10, a truly great skater looks great, rather than +2.

Also, steal the style and color coding from OOTP. The simple difference in presentation goes a long ways.

Player Generation settings
Have to stop the 5e prospects from a Division 3 Swedish league. They shouldn't exist on so many levels. I don't want to turn this into a scouting rant though. The point here is players are coming from the wrong leagues in the wrong volumes.

OOTP provides Amateur Draft Pool Origin. FHM should follow suit.

Fix Scouting
Still trying to resist ranting....but I still have 5e QMJHL prospects.

Trade AI
So simple to acquire any pick or selected player. I've traded a #11 overall pick for the player that went #1 straight up. Pick valuation needs some work. I'd point you to an NFL chart, where all my draft picks aren't enough to move from #11 to #1.

Navigation
Open player profile, right click to go back. Not having this drives OOTP vets crazy!

Draft Lottery
Make it a league event. I typically only subscribe to news for my team and didn't realize this was even in the game for a long time.

Draft Day Trade Offers
I've said it in other threads....but if my pick came up in the draft, and I got an offer to move up for it, I'd fall out of my chair. Most trade activity in the NHL is in the last hour before the trade deadline and at the draft. These are dead events in game.
ike121212 is offline   Reply With Quote