View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 07:06 PM   #16
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDore View Post
Bigrod...first of all, thanks for this. Very cool.

I'm following the steps laid out here and trying to test a few players as imports using your importer utility. I copy them to a txt file, import them as instructed and OOTP15 tells me they imported successfully and are available as free agents. However, i don't see the players. They don't show up anywhere. Any thoughts?

My goal is to put a league together of World Series participants of the last 30 years. I tried to do this using the built-in historical team features of OOTP15 but, for example, when I select 1995 Atlanta Braves, it's the Braves team as of the beginning of the 95 season. In other words, the ratings are based on 1994 stats so someone like Chipper Jones won't fare well (in my opinion). What I'm wanting is the stats and team for the completed 1995 season. So, I tried using your importer to accomplish this and got nothing. Any thoughts?
Glad you like it.
Your free agents are there..best way to find them and do what you want is after you import all players....export that lgs. rosters..the/your imported free agents will all be at the bottom of the rosters file under the //free agents section.
Now to assign them to actual teams, look at the top of the rosters and get the team ids. Enter the correct team id in the team id column for each free agent. Once done, reimport the rosters.
Hint: Easiest way to assign players to teams is to open the rosters.txt file in a spreadsheet and create a vlookup table. It'll save a ton of time.

As for your game's starting year...it doesn't matter and does not affect your import of historical players.

Last edited by Bigrod; 12-28-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote