View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 09:33 PM   #215
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I'm in a crappy mood anyway, made worse by them losing the third game to the 'stros, so take this with a grain of salt.

This Giancarlo Stanton dude is shaping up to be the

Yoenis Cespedes

of the New York Yankees. Stanton missed most of the season because he slid into third base. Not slid too hard; not slid into the third baseman; no, nothing like that. It was because he over-stretched himself sliding. He injured himself merely by sliding.

Apparently he doesn't do that very much. Or, more accurately, he doesn't train his body so that it won't tear anything when called upon to play baseball in ways other than swinging a bat. Even then, come to think of it.

Now the clown has a right quadriceps strain. Why? Because he ran too hard to first base. Are you kidding me?

Trade this bum if you can. We proved we didn't need him during the season. Away with him.

EDIT: Goddamnit, I'm not done. Forget about Dellin Betances and Greg Bird. Anybody out there reading this: Do you realize that Jacoby Ellsbury is still on the payroll? That he hasn't played since 2017 (and only 112 games that year)? That the ballclub still owes him over $26 million for 2020 and 2021 (technically $42 million but the team will certainly use their $5MM buyout option in 2021)?

You may say, "What do you care? It's not your money." No sir, that's incorrect. It is my money. Even if I never set foot in Yankee Stadium, I pay all year round for the privilege of viewing (or even not viewing; it's part of a package) the Yankees on TV for six months. I also paid for these guys for the two years that I subscribed to MLB.TV.

And as a fan, I damned well resent these leeches taking down huge amounts of money only to injure themselves because they cannot be bothered to do the work to prevent it. Or because they are such pansies that they'd rather sit at home "recuperating" than take the field with their teammates.

Like I said, get rid of these bums and watch who you sign in the future. Anybody who has ever injured himself merely sliding, running, crouching, swinging a bat, or throwing a ball (pitchers excepted but that's another caution) should not be signed to long term mega-contracts. It can be taken as a sign that they don't have the work ethic to be professional athletes.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 10-15-2019 at 10:12 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote