View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 10:40 AM   #202
knightdreamer2k
Major Leagues

I actually really like the Twins organization and at times I feel sorry for them as they are a proud and well run baseball team.
The problem with the Twins has always been the way they build their teams. Usually it is with 1 or 2 stars and a few retreads and mediocre pitchers.
This plays into the hands of a team like the Yankees. Who mostly always have really good offensive teams. This year the Twins and Yankees were very similar teams with a couple key differences. First, the Yankees have a superior bullpen. Second, the Twins mediocre starters played up to that level, while the Yanks starters played down.
I will not gloat because the Twins had a great season, and is 1 or 2 aces away from surpassing the Yankees.

On a side note, did anyone think the Yankees intentionally lost the league crown for best record in order to face the Twins? I say this because it potentially was a very smart move. If the Yankees had the best record, and the A's had beat the Rays in the wildcard game, then the Yanks would have to play the Athletics and we all saw out that played out in the regular season.

Last edited by knightdreamer2k; 10-08-2019 at 10:41 AM.
knightdreamer2k is offline   Reply With Quote