View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 09:06 PM   #2030
krantzbucks
Hall Of Famer

Jim Tobin 1937

James Anthony "Abba Dabba" Tobin colorized from Cinemaodyssey's Getty image. Thanks again for your post on how to download those Getty images more easily. I have also included a real colorized image of Tobin with the Detroit Tigers. Why you would want a faked image in the wrong uniform is beyond me-- especially when a version wearing the 1945 uniform is readily available.
There has been some controversy here of late over "fake" images and cap swaps. I don't care for the swap in most cases. I have done them from time to time as a favor to fulfill a niche request or need (i.e. player x only saw action in 2 games with a certain club in 1934 so a real image is unlikely to be found) but recently have been bombarded with these sorts of requests. Why not focus on players with no color images rather than cherry picking players from different eras at random to try to make your complete collection? If a good image doesn't exist why push itt? There are plenty of images to work on.
The Tobin Pirates that was posted above has obviously wrong uniform colors and was likely created using the one-click colorization tool that Keonleafs shared a while back. It is a sometimes useful aid (particularly on backgrounds) but because the single feature of these colorizations that is most valued is that correct team specific cap, why bother sharing images where the cap and logo are just shades of Brown and not even St Louis Brown?
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
krantzbucks is offline   Reply With Quote