View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 01:46 PM   #1
gskweres9
Major Leagues

Growing Baseball Redux

I'm not entirely sure where I should post this thread, but I think this is the right place to go. This universe is partially historical and partially fictional. There's a little bit of narrative to it as well. I ultimately decided that here would be the right place. If you don't think it is and I should go to fictional sims or Dynasty Reports, please let me know. I've posted in Dynasty Reports in the past, and I've never really gotten the human interaction I'm seeking. I love baseball and I love people. I want to talk with others. If you enjoy this thread, please leave your thoughts and opinions. I'd love to have a discussion.

I've always been fascinated with baseball in foreign countries. Baseball is a very international game. Look at all the players in MLB from Latin America. Look at how popular it is in Asia. The game is growing in popularity in Europe, and the Australian Baseball League finally seems stable. In fact, it expanded by two teams this season in real life. However, baseball is not soccer, and it might not even be basketball. Those two sports have a little bit more of a global imprint than baseball does. If baseball could do it over again, I think they would try to do a better job of spreading the game and making it more international.

That's where I come in.

This sim began in 1925. Admittedly, I've already played a couple of seasons. The first few posts will catch us up to where I'm currently at in the sim. Why 1925? That's the year Mexico created it's first professional league.

So this sim began in 1925 with historical MLB. I've added a six team professional Mexican League that loosely resembled real life. As I move forward in the sim, I'll add leagues in foreign countries at the same time they were created in real life. For instance, the first professional league in Australia was formed in 1934, and the Japanese league was formed in 1950. I will add leagues in those two countries in those years in the same fashion I did with Mexico, small leagues that are loosely based on real life.

The difference between my world and real life is these leagues will succeed. That's not to say some of these leagues won't have struggles along the way, but the fictional investors will keep leagues from folding as they did in real life. We may add leagues in other countries along the way as well. Countries that don't even have leagues in real life. However, all that's set in stone for now is the historical US, Mexico, Australia, and Japan.

The end goal is to develop a world that resembles soccer.

That is a long time in the future. Right now we're in 1925. Major League Baseball, the Negro League, the Pacific Coast League, the Texas League, and now the Mexican Baseball League are the only baseball leagues in the world.
gskweres9 is offline   Reply With Quote