Thread: Assigning Roles
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 08:14 PM   #27
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
On a similar note, what to do when a line just sucks? Whatever I do, my second line ends with something ranging from -1 to -5. I tried shuffling lines, changing roles, changing defensive roles, being patient, nothing to do. Nothing. My second line just doesn't score and just allows goals like I play with no netminders. I am with the Avs.
In first year I had Andrighetto-Jost-Yakupov-Zadorov-Girard. Girard ended with -59.

This year I have Landeskog-Jost-Dadonov-Zadorov-Johnson. Currently playing with Flexible Triangle/Midlane backchek.I tried swapping Jost with Kerfoot, swapping Dadonov with Rick Nash (i regret the 6 millions I spent on him). Roles are Up and down winger/Playmaker/Speedy Forward/Stay-at-home/Mobile on offense and Backchecking/Two-way/Counterattacking/Stay-at-home-Two-Way.
I also tried moving Landeskog up and playing Kubalik or Compher on the second line. Nothing. The only player who scored a 5-on-5 goal is Landeskog. Jost netted a couple from the third line, Dadonov never scored, Nash scored on the PP, Kerfoot never scored.
I know what you feel. I have the same problem with my 4th line and 3rd defense line. No matter what player is there their roles are 1/1 and they are terrible like they are pretty bad players but they are decent players with at least 3 stars.

I just don't get it.
maikgianino is offline   Reply With Quote