View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 08:39 AM   #3
ra24mpa
Minors (Triple A)

Updated version

I've gone ahead and updated a few more ratings in the 2014 MLB roster set, along with a few Cuban players, plus tried to flesh out the 2015 draft class a bit more. If a player taken within the first 20 rounds of the 2015 draft still exists in some iteration of this year's version, he's probably included in the game now. The same can be said of all the HS players drafted after the 20th round.

Just a reminder...
Many of the ratings are based on those that the OOTP Roster Team has given over the last few years, in many cases directly lifted - ALL credit given to the members the official roster team. Even with numbers not directly lifted, the potentials are likely to match those of the current version with a few exceptions. Whatever changes I've made are usually done in accordance with how they seem to be done by the official team (reverse engineered using increments of 5-10 from one year to the next and so on until the expected stats look right within the player editor). And, for higher-round picks, I've tried to make exceptions for certain players to not lower their potentials too much when doing so would probably make them less likely to be considered a prospect. For example, if a potential draftee would have his "avoid K" rating dropped by 40 points, I probably cut it down by 20 points. I don't see the need to cut it all just because some high schooler hasn't figured it out yet after two years in the rookie leagues. If it's going to be cut further, let the TCR do it. This is alternate history, after all.

Also, I'm not sure if I messed it up before the original upload, but I noticed yesterday that I messed up the triple ratio of one player. If anyone notices anything weird, like certain players like Aledmys Diaz hitting more than 20 triples in a season, post it so it can be fixed. I definitely forgot to include player histories earlier. They're included now. Enjoy.

New link here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...UpuOTM5ZHY3UHM
ra24mpa is offline   Reply With Quote