View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 07:55 PM   #40
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-max View Post
Thanks for the advice. It's past deadline and the WHL, so there are limited options, but I'll try.

Now that the information on tacticals advantages is in numbers I realized that in most games the opponent has the upper hand in all four categories (off-def; pp-pk and so on), often by a wide margin.

Strength-wise I'm a middle of the pack team, so I found it surprising that I am so much weaker every game, no matter if I set lines and roles myself or let the AI do it.
Is it possible that other teams know me well enough that in games against me they always employ an offensive strategy that exploits my weaknesses? Should I change my general tactics occasionally even if I have perfect familiarity with one and none with others? Or is is more a matter of player quality?
It won't change the tactic itself to match a specific team, since the tactics are more of a long-term setting, but may adjust the tactical roles when the game is underway if it needs to react to some specific circumstance (needing more offense, getting the tactical advantage back, etc.)

The AI teams do change tactics from time to time, but it won't be to directly counter you. Rather, it'll happen in response to events like a coach being fired or offseason lineup changes. So there'll be a general tendency for the AI to find more effective tactics for itself, which may lead to changing trends in the league as more teams use a specific type of tactic. That could get you into a situation where a tactic you'd been using isn't as effective anymore because other teams are doing something that counters it well, in which case it'd make sense to change. But that'd be a fairly long-term development.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote