Thread: Sound?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 11:36 PM   #36
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
Really, if you think about it, the sound would be nice for about a week. After that, you're going to get sick of it and turn it off and listen to music
or a ball game in the background or something.
No, YOU might get sick of it and turn it off - I might (and did) buy a brand new $2,000 computer a couple years back when SP2 killed the sound in v6. For some of us sound is very important.

For the life of me I never understand when people want things left out of the game that they can simply turn off or ignore.

for example - I will never, ever, never play a league that is not based on MLB - however the fact that the game supports it is great. for those that want to play that way - but I wouldn't want it removed just because I don't want to play it that way.

example #2 - draft picks - Unless the MLB changes the rule and starts allowing trading of draft picks - I will always turn this OFF. However I would never suggest that the option should be removed.

Bottom line - some of us really like sound, if you don't fine - ignore it. But if we start removing everything that everyone doesn't want - the game will be one line of code.

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote