Thread: Title Bout II
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 09:14 AM   #22
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
From the webpage:

"First download the program located below. Get the complete, feature-filled Title Bout II Computer Game at no cost and try it for FIVE DAYS."

Bold mine. COMPLETE tells me those few fighters are all that come with it even if you buy it. Now if others have a different definition of complete I'm okay with that, but I do believe (haven't purchased so don't know for sure) that these are all of the fighters that come with the game. Their pricing strategy appears to be to make the most on people buying card sets rather than the game, but again, could be wrong as that's just what it looks like to me.

And I still can't find any record keeping of any kind, and in fact, still don't really know what I'm doing other than clicking on the BAC tab to turn over new cards. There was no tutorial (that I could find) and no manual (that I could find) and so perhaps ALL of these problems I've listed are indeed merely a result of me just not knowing what I'm doing.... but it seems to me you shouldn't sell games that leaves paying (or potentially paying) customers in such a bind. Manuals/tutorials should be part of any game it seems to me.

This simple game leaves me frustrated every time I try to play it because all I'm doing is clicking on something with no clue as to what's happening. I'll finish a couple of rounds (all options on default, I never change anything until I know what I'm changing) and the "round scores" always just show 0-0 as if nothing happened during the entire rounds. Which from my point of view is accurate, because the only things I could "see" happening was me clicking on that BAC card every time.

I bought the boxed version and like it pretty well. I guess I'll have to stick with that. No way would I pay for this (unless I can somehow figure out what I'm doing wrong if I'm doing something wrong. It sure sounds to me like it's all on me but again, no manual, no tutorial..... are people supposed to mind read on how to play a computer game???)
There is a manual for both the board game and the pc game included in a drop down menu.
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote