View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 08:30 AM   #2
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Ah I was right when I said don't count the Americans out above. The Tigers got their magic number down to 5 and then couldn't buy a win. Meanwhile, Boston got hot. Next thing you know the two teams a tied. That's when Detroit woke up and decided enough was enough. Rumor has it Gaylord Perry held a closed door players only meeting and let it be known the team was going to the series or else. Not sure what the or else was, but it worked.

The World Series is set. Detroit Tigers vs St. Louis Cardinals. I still have the final weekend of the season to play. Schedules were so strange back then. The NL started the season and played close to a week before the AL played game one. When the season ends, the AL completes their 140 games about a week before the NL wraps up theirs. The AL team should be well rested going into the series.

Meanwhile Brooklyn secured themselves the 1st pick in the upcoming amateur draft with Washington nabbing the 2nd pick.

Have to think Mickey Mantle is the front runner for the AL MVP. Mickey took home the MVP trophy last year as well. In the NL I predict the MVP goes to Mike Trout, but Honus Wagner should make it a close race. Trout has 9+ WAR and I think that will be enough to push him past Wagner in the end. Honus is the NL batting champion. He's hitting .370 with 2 or 3 games remaining.

Last edited by David Watts; 11-04-2019 at 09:11 AM.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote