View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 12:28 AM   #56
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 12th, 1985

We have Colin Ward, who went 5 scoreless innings in his first start, facing the Cardinals and Rich Gale, who has done very well so far this year.

Both teams are 14-15.

Things are still a little tense after the move by Oddibe McDowell. He isn't starting, though.

It didn't take long for Colin to give up his first run... in the 1st off a sac fly by Andy Van Slyke, scoring Tom Herr.

I led off the bottom half by flying out to Lonnie Smith in left.

In the 2nd I snatched a liner by Terry Pendleton for the first out. St. Louis struck again, however, as Gale hit a 2 run double. 3-0 Cardinals

In the 3rd I came up with two out and nobody on and Gale struck me out.

In the 4th Smith hit an RBI single and then Herr scored another on a ground out. I grabbed a grounder by Willie McGee for the 2nd out but the damage was done. 5-0 Cardinals.

In the 5th, after Ward allowed the first two batters to reach, Nestor called in Pat Perry. He got out of it.

I came up in the 6th with one out and empty bases and cracked a double to left. I quickly stole 3rd to make me 26 for 28 in stolen bases. I then scored our first run and a single by Chris Brown. 5-1 St.Louis

I handled a grounder by Bill Lyons for the 3rd out in the 7th.

Later tha tinnign I came up with Kenny Oberkfell on 2nd and Tom O'Malley on 1st and two out, facing a fresh arm in lefty Dave Rucker. I grounded out to Juan Beniquez at 1st.

Frank Williams came in to pitch for us in the 8th. In the 9th he loaded the bases before getting an out but then pitched out of it without allowing a run!

Neil Allen handled the last two innings for the Cards and we couldn't manage another run.

We lost 5-1.

That is 4 losses in a row.

We got a much needed off day on Monday and then the Pirates come to town.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote