View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 07:02 AM   #49
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 5th, 1985

Atlee Hammaker is facing Dave LaPoint and the Cardinals.We have won four in a row. Let's keep it rolling!

I thought I had started thing off with a single to right but Andy Van Slyke made a great catch to stop that.

I made my first defensive play of the game of the second Cards batter. Terry Pendleton grounded to me and I tried to start a double play but Lonnie Smith had a nice take out slide on Kenny Oberkfell to break it up.

In the 2nd Bob Brenly knocked in Jeff Leonard to give us the 1-0 lead.

In the top of the 3rd I came up with two out and nobody on and grounded out to Juan Beniquez at 1st.

I returned the favour with the first out of the bottom half, handling a LaPoint grounder. Later it was my turn to get taken out on a double play attempt... this time by Pendleton.

In the 5th we got two more runs, though I struck out and didn't help. 3-0 Giants.

Atlee got in a little trouble in the 5th, loading the bases with only one out, but he pitched out of it, striking out Beniquez and Darrell Porter too trans all three.

Terry Harper got his 2nd RBI of the day in the 6th, putting us up 4-0.

In the bottom half, I got the 3rd out, taking a Lonnie Smith grounder.

In the 7th, now facing Burt Hooton, I reached on an error to Bill Lyons. I stole 2nd and scored on a Chili Davis double. 5-0. Another run in the 8th. 6-0.

In the 9th I flew out to Smith in left with one out. Looks like a big fat goose-egg for me today.

Scott Gerrelts pitched the 9th for us and downed 3 in a row to preserve the shutout and our fifth straight win.

We have pushed our way to 3rd in the NL West, behind the Padres and Reds.

After the game John Rabb was called back up. Brian Harper was waived. He was on the team for a month and got one at-bat.

The road trip continues! Next stop: Pittsburgh!

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote