View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 09:54 PM   #46
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Rob Deer was name the NL Rookie of the Month for April. Way to go Robbie!

May 1st, 1985

Jeff Robinson is 0-2 with an ERA over 7 so far. He i showing to turn that around against the Cubs today. They are sending Scott McGregor who is also 0-2 with an ERA just under 6.

I led off the game by striking out. In the bottom frame I snagged a grounder by Leon Durham to end the inning.

I led off again in the 3rd and struck out again. Frowny face.
I handled a line drive by McGregor for the 2nd out and took a throw from Bob Brenly to throw out Bob Dernier trying to steal for the 3rd out in the bottom half.

In the 4th Jeff Leonard smacked a 2-run shot to give us the lead, but Leon Durham matched the feat in the bottom half to tie it up. I took a pop up by Jody Davis for out #2 but then Mel Hall hit a solo shot to out the Cubs up 3-2. Garry Templeton grounded out to me to end it.

In the 5th I came up with one out and empty bags and I popped out to Templeton.

Mark Davis came in to pitch in the 7th. Shawn Dunston popped out to me for the 3rd out... at least he would have, if I hadn't dropped it.

Another error. Unacceptable.

At least it didn't lead to a run.

Rich Bordi came in to pitch for the Cubbies in the 8th and the first batter he faced was me. Dunston returned the 'favour' and fumbled a grounder, putting me on 1st. One out later Chili Davis cracked a double, moving me to 3rd. Rob Deer singled and I crossed to tie the game at 3! We scored twice more before the inning was up and we led 5-3.

In the 9th, with Bruce Sutter now on the mound, Kenny Smith pinch hit for Davis with one out and reached on a single. I was next but stood helpless as Smith was gunned down trying to steal. I grounded out to Templeton.

Ron Davis came in to close things out. He is 4 for 4 so far in save chances. Three outs later he is 5 for 5.

We won! 9-11. Let's get back to .500!

I did not have a great game, though. No hits and an error.

We have a travel day next and then we are off to St. Louis!

But first, some bad news. My roomie Dave Linton was sent down to AA Shreveport. John Rabb was sent to AAA Phoenix as well.

Colin Ward and Brian Harper were called up.

I'll need to find a new roomie when I get back to San Fran.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote