Thread: Stats Only
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #89
saturn2187
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc5477 View Post
You can use historic rookies and there is an option that has the AI valuate the historical rookies higher to balance the things out. But after the draft... the AI has no clue. Thus you will see a lot of HOFers in FA at low prices and the AI will not pick them up. The problem is, you, a human, knows these guys are super stars, while the AI only sees stats. I actually made a request that the AI use the same custom draft filter on free agents to insure some big stars dont get undervalued. There was a season in one of my games where I had a real stupid team. Ken Griffey Jr (off a injury plagued season), Frank Thomas (after he had a so so season), Edmonds, Glavine and bunch of others (i think I had 9 or 10 super stars on that team) and none of them made much money at all. It was a laughable season and I started a new league after that.

Sorry to go back to this theme. I hear and understand everything that's been said about the Historical Players in a Stats Only league. I'm considering setting up a house rule for myself not to draft them and only acquire them after they've been in MLB for a couple seasons. Should be enough time for the CPU to at least give them a somewhat more reasonable valuation. Think this might eliminate some of the advantage?
saturn2187 is offline   Reply With Quote