View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #20
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Once the regular season is underway, fringe type free agents should sign contracts without long periods of "thinking about it" Example, I'm using reserve rosters and all 3 of my catchers end up hurt. It's July. If there's a catcher sitting on the list of league free agents(unemployed) and I offer him a contract, I shouldn't have to sit around for 2 weeks while he makes up his mind whether or not he wants to receive a paycheck.
And not just fringe players. How many free agents of any caliber have ever sat out a season? If it's Spring Training and a three star SS hasn't signed with a team yet, he'll be getting desperate. BUT make sure that all desperation contracts are one year only to prevent abuse; even that desperate SS wouldn't sign a crappy multi-year deal.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote