Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

January 1958

JANUARY 1958 RING
Tuesday 22, October 1957
Auditorium, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Orville Pitts 176 2 0 0 W KO 1/8 Chuck Church 186 8 7 0
Pedro Bradley 169 10 3 0 W SD 4/4 Eddie O'Hara 172¼ 8 8 1

Continuing on with Jack Waina's Michigan Fistic Facts, he takes up to some heavy action up in Milwaukee. The first match up had Saginaw's Chuck Church against a soon to be rising talent in the LHW ranks, Orville Pitts. Church was totally over matched by Pitts with Orville "butchering" Chuck and stopping him in the first round. Waina commented on Orville, who was a great amateur fighter of the time, considered him a great prospect. Read up some bio info I've included with this file. Found a great obituary on line which I put in the web link. Hope it works. Great reading. Pitts looked to have a very promising career going when he just decided to quit and go to school. For Chuck Church by the way it was his last career fight.

Pedro Bradley and Eddie O'Hara squared up in a middleweight bout as Waina classified the fight. BoxRec has Bradley listed as a LHW, but his record shows him to be a MW as the 1958 and 1959 Ring rate him as a MW. O'Hara is rated in the 1959 Ring as a Class D LHW so, I've rated him as such and why I've included this fight coverage. Article only mentions Bradley who came from New Orleans(as listed by BoxRec) in 1957 operated out of Detroit.

There are actually a couple other fights this night in Milwaukee that Waina's article does not make mention of.One is a couple guys making their professional debut's that I'll shape up a couple quick ratings. The other has someone that is rated already in TB, Lou Bailey. We'll cover these two fights next.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Bradley_Pedro_MW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (1.9 KB, 62 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Church_Chuck_HW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (1.7 KB, 53 views)
File Type: tbdx3 O'Hara_Eddie_LHW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (1.8 KB, 59 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Pitts_Orville_LHW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (2.3 KB, 67 views)
Rocco Del Sesto is offline   Reply With Quote