Thread: Inactive teams
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 07:53 PM   #4
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
I don't know... in US sports I think the "revived franchise" thing is just window dressing. Like, I know the NFL likes to say that the current Cleveland Browns franchise inherited the legacy of the old team and the Baltimore Ravens are the "expansion team" but in reality they moved and the new Browns are a brand new franchise. Likewise when the NBA expands back to Seattle we might think of them as the team of Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp but that team is gone away (and I think the city sports memories are the important bit anyway).

If you *know* a team is going to come back later you could always just keep them in the league with no roster while they're "suspended". Youd have to do some weird things with the schedule to make it work and youd also have to do something about the draft (maybe give one team two picks?) but it's doable I think.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I have always thought this. Especially in the NFL...with the Oakland/Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders, Ravens/Browns, heck didn't Philly used to be the Colts? It's so confusing lol