View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #91
Barkingturtle
Minors (Single A)

I so enjoy the unknown that I don't even sim the first years of my stats only leagues and instead jump in with both feet--controlling a team without any history to go by. I do play every inning of every game, though--even Spring Training--so my evaluations of talent on my own roster are largely gut-based and my line-up is often juggled by that gut alone. I find I only really use scouting reports early on in my first season when there is zero history and even then only to determine if an opposing base-runner is a threat to steal. After about forty games, I feel confident looking at SB's and CS's and even fielding metrics to make qualified decisions regarding those more difficult-to-ascertain attributes.

The first few drafts are very hit-and-miss with my particularly neurotic playstyle, but I like that, too. Come the fourth year, I have players hitting arbitration en masse(I reset service years before my first spring training) and I have a reasonable amount of history to base drafts, trades and free agent acquisitions upon. It is probably more immersive than is healthy, to be honest.
Barkingturtle is offline   Reply With Quote