View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 06:18 AM   #186
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

The Replacements/Upcoming Playoff Picture

So our reserve squad came in & performed admirably, going 17-11 in the final month & 18-11 overall. The only thing kind of disappointing is we lost all 3 of our games vs. Coho (our wild card opponent) on account of us going 0-3 or so against them. The other disappointing thing I meant to mention is their 17-11 month was our 2nd best on the season...? Maybe I have to fire up the starting squad more often as well...we finished 94-68 on the year, though, and will have a chance to test ourselves against Winter Springs if we win the Wild Card game (at Coho Shafs).

Biz Mackey hit .227 in 44 AB while he was in there.
Wally Backman hit .280 in 50 AB...he even hit a home run.
Brooks Robinson came into play third base mostly...& I'm guessing he did a good job. (1 error, 58 total chances, 42 assists)
Ozzie came in mostly to play short but he stole 13 bases while he was in.
Chipper Jones was solid as usual, hitting .277 with 13 RBI.
Howard Johnson hit over .300 for the month with 3 homers.
Pete Rose hit .340.
The Straw man didn't do much in the way of BA (again) but did at least homer 2 times.
Mr. Roberto Clemente (1969) hit .343 while he was in there.
Stargell hit .261 with 4 home runs.
Rickey Henderson stole 15 bases (a couple more than Smith) & got on base almost 35% of the time.

Sid Fernandez was a decent 3-2 in decisions even though his ERA ballooned up to 6.23 after a great start.
Mariano Rivera came back for the first time since the 2059 World Series 6 weeks ago & pitched to a 3.59 ERA.
And the great Joba Chamberlain recorded 38 outs while being charged with only 1 earned (or otherwise) run.

The playoff squad is pretty much set and I'd like to let all the players know that we'd rather win than lose.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 02-16-2020 at 06:21 AM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote