View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 01:03 PM   #5
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Cherry View Post
In the interest of historical accuracy, you won't see John Unitas or Rosey Grier playing this season since freshmen were ineligible to play on the varsity in 1951.
Thank you for reading it. I know what you are saying but unfortunately DDSCF won't let me do that unless I manually redshirt them - which still gives them 4 years of eligibility. Of course the other issue is that they could also leave early in this game.

Although despite what I thought was a hard rule for no freshman, according to Wikipedia Unitas did start in 1951

His first start was in the fifth game of the 1951 season against St. Bonaventure, where he threw 11 consecutive passes and three touchdowns to give the Cardinals a 21–19 lead.

He also played in 52,53 and 54 before being selected in the 1955 draft so at least for him it matches up fine but I agree with you that pretty much everyone else did not play as a freshman. However, there are a lot of things I have to suspend from reality for this as I can't have two-way players in my game either.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote