View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 04:20 PM   #85
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
False
This is the situation that this proposal creates
I won't argue this point since it is pretty straight forward. I've always imagined what I would do if faced with a similar situation. Stay where I loved for less money, or go elsewhere for more? Of course this all depends on how much more and how good you are. After all, if you're going to be rich either way, why not stay where you like? I think pride and a perceived lack of respect plays a role too. Either way, I couldn't care less if it created that situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
It's so weird that it's its own psychological disorder
It is? What is it? Count me in. I probably have more than just that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad K View Post
Wow. You're lucky you still have a union to choose. They've been almost eliminated by the rich and powerful. Who have the audacity to name a law that allows employees to be fired with no reason a "Right To Work" law.
Don't even get me started with this crap. Because we're getting into borderline politics here. Right to work laws were meant to take advantage of the ignorant. Notice I didn't call them stupid, just ignorant. They are meant to break unions. It is right to work for less and without representation. But those who have never been in unions would not know any better.

If you're a rank and file employee that cannot command his own wage, I don't care what side of the political spectrum you reside, but if you've been a member of a good union, you can see right through that crap sandwich.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote