View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 01:18 PM   #9
assamarra
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove View Post
Rugby League as far as I'm concerned is one of the worst if not the worst run sports specially in England, they tried to expand into London and failed, then France which is failing and now the brains trust are trying Canada. They play a cup final in London at Wembley in a 80,000 capacity stadium which they dont fill, most of the fans travel 4 hours to get there. This is when they have a 60,000 capacity stadium which they do fill in the league final which is within 90 minutes of most fans.

I have watched Rugby League since 1977 and the overall management of the game has never been as bad.

Wembley used to be a great weekend away for the supporters, I agree it should be moved north.

Expansion over the years (Mansfield, Kent Invicta, Nottingham, Cardiff) hasn't worked over the years but the RFL continue to try, development in the Heartlands is more or less non-existent.

Cumbria's local development system now sees young players signing for Newcastle.

Don't get me start on the Super Duper League, it destroyed my club (Workington Town).

We were 'sold' Summer Rugby League, the league now starts in February.

Nowadays, I don't attend internationals or Wembley which line the RFL pockets, I watch my local teams (Workington and Wath Brow in the NCL) and subscribe to NRLWatch, I can watch the best players and league in the world.

Rant over.......

As for Forau, it has become clear in the last few days what the SL Chairmen are most bothered about, not his decisive comments, but how much money they are going to lose as people will stay away when Catalans visit.
assamarra is offline   Reply With Quote