View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 10:35 PM   #4
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post
There is a 48 team 6/6/6/6 6/6/6/6 format that plays 186 games 12 against each divisional opponent, 6 against each league opponent (not in div) and 3 against 6 interleague opp.

If you subtract one from the 18 league opp and one from each of the interleague opps you get 24 games 186-24= 162....

Put this in a grid in a spreadsheet and the scheduling could be done in about 30 minutes. You would only need to worry about non-div league opp. in the grid. take a game from 9 opp then check off the game in the grid both ways (if you were to have team 1 take a game fro team 7 then you would check the 1-7 box after deleting the game and then also check the 7-1 box so team 7 doesn't select team 1 as an opponent to subtract a game from). You do this 9 times for each team going from 1 to 24. then do the other league. If your concentration is good you can do both at the same time by adding 24 to the first combination so if you mark 1-7 you would also do 25-31 and so on. I ran a small test with fewer teams and it works perfectly.

The hard part is to shuffle the schedule a bit when you are done to reduce the number of game days from 220 to a more reasonable number. The lowest I got it in a quick test was 198 game days. If you started your season around March 25 and let it go to around October 8 it might be acceptable.

I hope you don't mind me expressing these thoughts about this challenging schedule. I used to do schedules but haven't for a while and this interested me a bit. Any way have fun with this.
I appreciate the idea, but I honestly prefer to build them from scratch. I feel like it gives me more control, and this way I was able to squeeze the schedule into 175 game days (maybe too short, but an MLB season is only eight days longer than that, and that's including the all-star break).

Anyway, I have a prototype of this schedule done; I just need to open up OOTP and test it out.
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote