View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 01:18 AM   #10
El_Toro50
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin462 View Post
I definitely wish some sort of hype or promotion was happening. Just seeing how the team at Doug Flutie's Maximum Football have done it, they have done an INCREDIBLE job of previewing features and engaging with the community, and their release just happened this morning. They're getting a ton of $30 purchases for a game that is admittedly not that great, and marketing was a big piece of it.

Just SOME feature previews or anything to get us talking or excited would be so cool. Anything to bring in more potential buyers is a plus, in my opinion.
This^^^

I can't seem to understand the logic behind the lack of marketing; or at the very least, basic communication on this title.

Granted, this is reflective of the developer and his previous titles. Its imperative in this cycle of consumer; to draw up excitement and curiosity with at least an dev update, or some type of news.

I'm a software engineer by day, and can't imagine not updating my customers with my progress, pitfalls, scope creep, etc... it unfortunately allows consumer expectations to be too high, or too low; leading to a potential letdown, or pass on purchase.