View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 10:50 AM   #6
BBGiovanni
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeg View Post
Really!? I didn't know about that issue. Can anyone else confirm?

Thanks for the advice.
I've not noticed that.

As to your original comment, for MLB I almost always add 2 teams and go to 2SL 4D 8T. There's an excellent schedule with no interleague games, with unbalanced schedule. I don't have the game open, but it leads to playing division rivals often enough to make sense but without (like modern MLB) making the rest of the league (SL in the game) seem so foreign/irrelevant because you only see them 2x/year.

As to playoffs, it depends on what I'm doing. Sometimes I limit it just to division winners. But I like my newest system, where each division winner gets a bye while 4 wild card teams play off to get into the DS. It makes the division title very desirable, but lets as many teams in as in current MLB.

I really dislike 4 team divisions, IMO it worsens the problem of mediocre teams getting automatic playoff berths that we see in real life.

I never noticed fan interest was so high for expansion teams, but maybe it's supposed to compensate for the bad record they'll end up with? I've had decent results with the default settings for expansion drafts, and it seems reducing protection below 25 really makes for strong expansion teams. That may be a feature or a defect for you.

Current Project: WBAT/AABBA: Organized Base Ball And the "New Normal" World Baseball Aid Tournament 2023 trophy round underway!
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote