View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 11:40 AM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeg View Post
I think I'm ready to spice things up a bit by expanding MLB by 2 teams. I also think I understand how to make this happen and not break the game, but I would like to gather from regular players what their preferences are for a lot of settings during this process.

1. With 32 teams, how do you prefer to set up the divisions? My initial thought was to give each league 4 divisions of 4 teams, but I'm second guessing myself and considering 3 divisions of 6 teams instead.
  2. Based on the division set-up, what is your preferred playoff structure? When I was leaning toward 4 divisions in a league, I was just going to have the division winners advance without a wildcard. That seems like it might produce some stale playoffs with many of the same teams, however.
  3. Is there a consensus on the best expansion draft settings? For example, limiting the number of selections from each team sounds good to me, but I'm not sure how well that works in practice.
  4. Should I mess around with the team settings for new expansion teams or are the defaults fine? 100 fan interest seems kind of excessive...
Thanks for all the help.
4 team divisions, with only winner to playoffs - means you could have a sub .500 in in playoffs if you have a real weak division. i prefer the 3 divisions of 6 teams myself with the wild card option.
i've used to game expansion, put my protected list to 25,, players with less than 3 years also protected. max of 5 players to be taken from any team - that would give the new teams about 75 players if you already have 30 teams now, so it would also stock much of their minors. Maybe 4 players would be better?
with the expansion protection list, i found (by error and trial) you also need to go to each team on the list and have the AI (or yourself) create the list, or those teams will have no one protected.
make a back up of your game before you do any of this, just in case .....
good luck. and enjoy.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote