View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #8
sbrylski
Major Leagues

Nearly 2000 years into game play, the following images are an overview of the land we've discovered so far. We can see that across the sea from Bibracte to the east lies Rome, as told to us by a small tribe of seafarers that lived along the sea's northern coast.

The Eastern Sea, 2050 BCE

In the overview image of the west, we can see the full length of the large local river, which cuts through the central highlands of our subcontinent and then winds through a large jungle down to the ocean. This jungle holds many valuable treasures, such as gems and sugars - it is land with great promise once we are able to efficiently remove the jungle for mining and farmland. Farther west we can see the small but high mountain range of where dwelled the villagers who taught us mining techniques, and beyond that lies the cultural borders of the Greeks.

The Western Subcontinent, 2050 BCE

Our exploration efforts may be halted for a while. Our two scouting parties lasted many years before wild animals managed to finally win the battle and forced them to disband. And a new threat appears to be emerging in the form of small bands of hostile warriors, looking to pillage and plunder mercilessly. I haven't had to deal with any yet, but I'll be sure to quickly strengthen my currently anemic military in anticipation of approaching conflicts.

Last edited by sbrylski; 10-26-2009 at 11:10 PM.
sbrylski is offline   Reply With Quote