View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 12:59 PM   #97
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
One technicality that I've seen in multiple threads that kind of bugs my OCD is the concept of grinding. There is no way to grind anything for points in this game. Achievements occur based upon random in game events we do not control. Flipping cards in the Auction House probably comes closest to the definition of grinding, except that there are no guarantees of profitability. The amount of time spent does not correlate to any set amount of profit, and you can lose points if you do it wrong enough.

Since there is no way to grind in PT, all we are left to do is allow the time to pass and the games to sim while we try to avoid promotions and pray to the gods of RNG for things like 4 strikeouts in an inning.

This may be a minor point, but I believe it is important to think of this game and its economy in the proper context.
Decent point but if you "grind" hard enough and have plenty of cards surely you can at least "trim" your collection like unwanted hair strands to whatever you want with PP to show for them & go ahead and maybe add that other card or 5-50 you'd rather have.
One other problem here is you don't want to trim so that you cannot achieve missions and the cards in your collection are not marked mission or not. Even if they were it might be confusing, lol, whether you want the more PP from the auction house they might get or the reward for keeping it and locking up the other cards in the mission.

All in all, you know, play as you please. I don't compare to other games, I just like baseball strategy & cards even if they're digital & baseball and OOTP and online competition enough that it is my game of choice.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote