View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 11:55 PM   #19
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Day 3 - Results

I am not really sure what to expect from this game. I decided to go with Bob Spears over who the manager chose, only because he has more movement and better control, but I will have a short hook with the day off tomorrow it is all hands on deck. I don't think Miller will be ready to go Game 4, but if it is a must win I might not have a choice. We are worried about Hugh Duncan he is an ace, so we have our hands full... that being said we scored a lot last game so the lineup is the same, expect Barnes is replacing Garner at the DH role...

CF Walt Hutchins
C Will Lewis (L)
RF Mark Hayes (L)
1B Jimmy Moore (L)
DH Leslie Barnes (S)
LF Ramiro Herrera (L)
2B Jon Fleming (S)
3B Dragon Karadzic
SS Alonso Sandoval

This was a pitching duel, as our pitchers, all three of them, stepped it up and held the North East team at bay. It was however a game of missed opportunities by the offense... In the first with 2-outs and runners on first and second, Leslie Barnes struck out... In the third with a Walt Hutchins on second and 1-out we failed to get him home... In the fifth a lead-off walk was followed by a failed sac-bunt. Two batters later with runners on 1st and 3rd, Mark Hayes strikes out... After a 2-run blast by Jimmy Moore cut the score to 3-2, we put runners on first and second, with two outs, but Dragon flew out to end the threat... and finally in the 9th, after a lead-off single was followed by Walt Hutchins popping out the bunt to first, Will Lewis and Mark Hayes would go down swinging... That was the game.

Bob Spears (0-1): 4.1 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 4 K
Bernard McCormick: 1.2 IP, BB, K
Shawn Anderson: 2.0 IP, 2 BB, K
Jimmy Moore: 3-4, 2B, HR (1), R, 2 RBI (now hitting .500 on the tourney)
Will Lewis: 3-5, R
H: 9, LOB: 9

Our hero from game 2 Mark Hayes went 0-5 with 3 K's and 6 LOB's.

Group A:
Team USA - New England
remained the only unbeaten team in Group thanks to a great pitching performance and a big 2-run blast.

Team USA - East bounced back from their L yesterday to remain alive in a wild extra inning affair

Group B:
Team Puerto Rico
hit their groove in today's game scoring 8 and allowing 0.

Team Dominican stayed undefeated with a big win, thanks to a powerful offensive demonstration.

Group C:
Team Asia
bounced back after a surprising loss to take home a big W thanks to jump start scoring 6 in the first 2.

Team Cuba continued their dominance thanks to another shut-out! They are dreamers but they are contenders too.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Check out my OOTP dynasty, the DelMarVa Baseball League:
DelMarVa Baseball League.

and the spin off:
DelMarVa Baseball League - 2037 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England.

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..
illeracula is offline   Reply With Quote