View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 11:56 PM   #17
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Day 2 - Recap

I decided to go with a little different lineup for today's game going with a little better defense and this is what it looked like.
CF Walt Hutchins
C Will Lewis (L)
RF Mark Hayes (L)
1B Jimmy Moore (L)
DH Steve Garner
LF Ramiro Herrera (L)
2B Jon Fleming (S)
3B Dragon Karadzic
SS Alonso Sandoval

This was a must win and the pressure was on Jorge Tovar and he came through for me. He pitched 6 shut-out innings before running out a steam in the 7th... but in that time we were able to get a big 8-0 lead (thank goodness) in large part thanks to Mark Hayes who had a day to remember going 3-3 with a double and 2 HR's, he drove in 6 and walked 3 times. He carried this team.... In the 7th though the game got close with Team East plating 7-runs thanks to a poor outing by AAA pitches Alvin Richardson. Alvin faced 4 hitters and gave up 3 hits and a walk before giving way to John O'Cawley who shut the door and gave us a HUGE win.

Walt Hutchins: 1-4, 2B, 3 R
Mark Hayes: 3-3, 2B, 2 HR, 2 R, 6 RBI
Matt Fontenot: 1-2, RBI (he is 2 for 2 as a PH)
Jon Fleming: 2-3, 2B, RBI
Alonso Sandoval: 2-3, 3 R
Jorge Tovar (1-0): 6.1 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 3 ER, BB, 6 K
John O'Cawley (SV 1): 2.2 IP, BB, K
H: 14, LOB: 12

Games Recap:
Team USA - DMV
earned their first win thanks to a solid start and a power display.

The loaded Team Puerto Rico improved their record to 2-0 thanks to great pitching and 2 solo-shots.

Team Canada won a nail biter thanks to wonderful start in a true pitching duel.

Team Cuba once again showed they shouldn't be counted out pulling off the huge upset and improving their record to 2-0.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Check out my OOTP dynasty, the DelMarVa Baseball League:
DelMarVa Baseball League.

and the spin off:
DelMarVa Baseball League - 2037 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England.

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..
illeracula is offline   Reply With Quote