View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 09:44 PM   #113
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 10th, 1985

I am still really wearing yesterday's loss. The guys are being supportive but I know that it was my fault we lost.

Today we have Jeff Robinson (6-7, 4.34) pitching.

The Cardinals have Danny Cox (7-6, 3.69). I have gone 2 for 4 against Cox. I really need a big game.

Neither pitcher has pitched well against the other team.

I led off the game by watching a strike three call.

Rob Deer knocked in Kenny Oberkfell.

Giants up 1-0.

In the 2nd the Cards got it back when Phil Garner singled home Andy Van Slyke.

Game tied 1-1.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and nobody on. I grounded out to Juan Beniquez at 1st.

Terry Pendleton led off the bottom of the 4th with a solo homer. I took the 1st out, handling a Garner grounder.

Cardinals lead 2-1.

I came up in the 5th with two out and Tom O'Malley on 3rd and John Castino on 2nd. Here is my chance.

I grounded out to Beniquez again.

Curt Bowen took over for Robinson with two out in the 5th. He couldn't stop the inherited run from scoring as Willie McGee singled Tom Herr home.

Cardinals lead 3-1.

They got another in the 6th when Beniquez singled Garner home.

Cardinals lead 4-1.

I came up in the 8th with none out and pinch-hitter Chris Brown on 1st. Cox drilled me. Honestly, the way things have been going, I will take it.
I didn't;t last, though, as Kenny O hit into a double play.

Frank William took over on the mound for us that inning. He got the first two out but then allowed two runners who were both sent home by an Oddibe McDowell double.

Cardinals lead 6-1.

Jeff Leonard hit a solo homer in the 9th but that was all we could do.

St.Louis won 6-2.

We are now 46-38.

Possible interesting thing... after the game it was announced that the organization had signed Mike Hargrove to a minor league contract. This guy is an 11 year vet who signed a one year contract with the Tigers and was then released.

Tomorrow we are in Pittsburgh. I really need to get out of this funk.

````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited by rpriske; 08-20-2017 at 09:46 PM.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote