View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 04:31 PM   #106
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 2nd, 1985

We have won six in a row and the last place Braves are still in town. We want this one.

The Braves are going with a big name though... Jim Palmer (2-5, 5.81)
The Giants are using Atlee Hammaker (5-7, 3.43)

None of us have ever faced Palmer.

Atlee got into trouble in the 1st, loading the bases and giving up a 2-run single to Rafael Ramirez.

Braves lead 2-0.

I led off the bottom half by hitting Palmer's 2nd pitch into the right field corner and legging out a triple! I scored on a Ken Oberkfell ground out. Rob Deer hi ta game tying solo homer that inning as well.

Game tied 2-2.

In the 2nd I came up with two out and Kenny Smith on 1st. I grounded out to Paul Runge at 2nd.

I made my first defensive play in the 3rd, snagging a Ron Cey liner for the 2nd out. Great play.

We tore it open that inning with Kenny O leading off with a single. Chili Davis followed with another and an error by Brad Komminsk in left put them on 2nd and 3rd. Deer popped up and then Jeff Leonard walked to load them up. Terry Harper then singled, scoring Kenny O and Chili. Jeff Leonard was thrown out stealing. (Who does he think he is? Me?) Kenny Smith singled, scoring Harper. John Castino singled, moving Smith to 3rd who then scored on a passed ball before Atlee grounded out to end things.

Giants lead 6-2!

I led off the bottom of the 4th by grounding out to Runge again.

Frank Williams relieved Atlee in the 6th.

I came up that inning with two out and Smith on 2nd, now facing Ed Vande Berg. I grounded out to Rage for the 3rd straight time.

I handled the 2nd out in the 8th, taking a grounder from Cey.

In the bottom half Kenny Smith doubled and then scored on a Castino single.

Giants lead 7-2!

Ron Smith came in to handle the 9th. He gave up a lead-off single but got the next three and we have won seven in a row!

I went 1 for 4 with a run scored and a triple!

Tomorrow is travel day and then we are in Chicago for a 4th of July game!

(Not as big a deal for me, being Canadian, but it should be fun...)

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote