All Star Starter

Update From The Front Office:
May 1st, 1987
Team Record: 13-12
(4th Place In North, 5.5 GB)

Name:  STANDINGS.png
Views: 1215
Size:  20.3 KB

Awesome sim in the latest stretch for the Duluth Danger! Where do I start? We finished 8-5 during the last two weeks, swept Rochester in a three game series at their own park (our biggest rival), and Logan Gleeson was actually half decent for a change. Oh, and we stayed completely INJURY FREE!

A few changes were made to the active roster beforehand. Superstar closer Bakhitiyar Davis accepted an extended role in the bullpen, which will result in him getting a few more innings of middle relief while continuing to close. He doesn't have a lot of juice, and he's getting old, so I'm not sure if that's going to put too much stress on his arm or if it'll be beneficial, but regardless, it's worth a gamble.

I've also extended the contract of 2B Darrel Moon, and immediately am regretting it. Moon has been pretty worthless this year, with a 'wrecked' injury history and a .238 batting average in 1987, I'm really not sure why I felt such a strong urge to give him a contract. That's why you don't make negotiations late at night...

Michael Sanders is perhaps the biggest story of the sim. He was complaining like a little baby about not being 'at the top' of one of the most stacked starting lineups in the league as a freaking ROOKIE!? Looks like he was right afterall though, because he's tied for the league lead in home runs and somehow has one more bomb than my prized third-baseman John Newman. It's like the Mantle-Marris home run race back in 1961 for the Yankees. Granted, though it's smaller stage, I hate seeing anyone outhit Newman. Apart from Bakhitiyar Davis (who I swear I have a man-crush on), he's easily my favorite guy on the roster.

Duluth Danger (HBL) Dynasty Report -- Online League Franchise
Duluth - 1985/1989 North League Champions!

Last edited by Mr. Baseball; 07-30-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Mr. Baseball is offline   Reply With Quote