View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 11:38 PM   #14
StLee
Hall Of Famer

The Teams: RobCo

Craig Boone took ownership of the second official baseball club, also on March 10, 2284.

“What do I know about robots?” Boone asked. The war was over, but he was still polishing his rifle like he was ready for an attack.

“It’s not about you knowing anything about robots,” Lee said. He was sipping on a Sunset Sarsaparilla and picking at a long scab on his forearm. “It’s about rebuilding the Mojave, putting things back to use, to good use. I need leaders like you.”

“You snipe one deathclaw for a guy and he’s trying to give you a multi-million cap business.”

“So will you take it or not?”

Boone quit polishing his gun and looked up at Lee. “We’re a damn good team, aren’t we?”

“We are.”

“I couldn’t imagine disappointing you after you took out the mother****ing Legion, now can I?”

“I hope not.”

“You know the President himself asked me back to be a colonel in the army?”

Lee raised his eyebrows and frowned. “No, I didn’t.”

“I told him to go **** himself.” Boone and Lee laughed. “I’ll take over RobCo, but I need some help.”

Lee smiled an approving toothy grin. “That’s no problem. I’ll find some good people out there to get the place up and running. I just need someone who can crack some skulls when things go awry. That’s you, Boone. Let’s build a corporate empire that makes the pre-war style look like it was run by a bunch of Neanderthals.”

“Neanderthals?”

“Ah, never mind.”

And so Craig Boone, the former NCR 1st Recon soldier, became owner of RobCo, Mojave Branch, in the REPCONN Test Site, just a few clicks west from his home in Novac. Boone’s athleticism and go-get-em attitude were also helpful in Lee’s baseball camps around New Vegas.

Lee knew the game of baseball backwards and forward, but he didn’t have the ability Boone had of busting ass on a daily basis. Of course, Boone was still young in 2282 when Lee was moving from the biggest baddest warrior of the Mojave to entrepreneur.

“You always have a plan, don’t you?” Boone asked Lee.

“Always.”

“I never met someone so conniving, yet so damn interesting.”

“Let’s get you a beer, man,” Lee was picking through a suitcase of pre-war suits. “We have some important people’s asses to kiss. Then let’s go show them what baseball is all about.”

“That’s what I’m talking about.”

----

After Boone agreed to take over the RobCo redux, he followed Lee throughout the Mojave on the quest to find capable employees and baseball players.

"You have first rights to any of your employees being on your baseball team when he get our league going," Lee said.

One of those employees/players was "Poseidon," a fast-talking, caravan card game-loving computer hotshot from Freeside. When Lee ran the baseball camp in Freeside, Poseidon was the first to show off his skills on the diamond. He was very good at tracking fly balls and laying off bad pitches at the plate. Also, he knew the ins and outs of the Pip-Boy.

"What's your job?" Lee asked him.

"I do what I can," Poseidon said. "Mostly I try to fix up the computers around Freeside, get them up and running again, and then I sell them to whoever has caps to offer."

"How'd you like to build some robots and program them?"

"Really? That would be ****ing awesome!"

Lee turned to Boone. "There you go, Boonie. Your first gem."

Here is a photo of Poseidon in the first edition of the RobCo uniform:

StLee is offline   Reply With Quote