View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 02:36 AM   #6
StLee
Hall Of Famer

Lee's Journal, 8.22.2282

So I’m in Westside, and we already have a child prodigy: LaRue. He told me he found a few old baseballs outside Vault 3 when he was being a rebellious teenager and nosing around Fiends territory. After he found them, he started heaving them at crows. Later, he got better aim and velocity and started killing the crows. “Good eats,” he said. Then throwing was getting too easy, so he started hitting the balls with wooden planks and a baseball bat once he found one. Kid has a great arm, but it was his swing that impressed the hell out of me. I asked him to hit a few balls to right field, and he asked me where. I told him right on the line if he could. Five swings later and every single hit fell right on the line. Everywhere I asked him to hit the ball, his placement was perfect. All I know is that I’m definitely sneaking him on the Lucky 38 team when I get the kind of organization I want and we have a competitive league going on.

By the way, Westside was just as promising for baseball as was Freeside. Even Red Lucy came out to watch. “It’d be more fun to watch the players with creatures running at them,” she said. Still, I could tell she was getting excited to watch big hits and catches.

In business terms, the people in Westside were excited to know there could be a new tenant in Vault 3. A representative from Vault-Tec came out to scout the location and expressed interest in establishing a Vegas HQ right in Westside. If any people deserve a rich business in their area, it’s the people of Westside. I’ll see if we can’t work something out with the NCR to get Vault-Tec into the people helping business instead of some of their asinine psychological experiments of the past. I’m pretty good at sniffing out filth in people. The Vault-Tec guy appeared sincere, but I’ll need more time with him to know for sure.
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote