View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
StLee
Hall Of Famer

The Historian: Part I

You can call me The Historian. After the Second Battle of Hoover Dam, I made it my destiny to chronicle the life of the best damn hero any of you will have ever heard of. Here is his story.

We only knew him as ‘Lee.’ No family, no past, no direct connection here in the Mojave that any of us ever knew of. He was a lone wanderer, a complete badass, and he changed the course of the present and future. He was OUR Lee.

I’m sure you’ve already heard most of the story about what he did for this corner of wasteland from 2281 through now. Still, I’ll fill in the details as much as I can, in time. Of course, everyone around here knows how Lee helped to stop Caesar and Mr. House and brought some good ole law and order here. Hell, after the New California Republic had no more enemies left to fight, they went and surprised us all: they built the land up. All thanks to Lee. And they keep doing that even though Lee up and disappeared just under a month ago.

Here are some of the other details I know. After the Second Battle of Hoover Dam, after the smoke cleared and the dead Legionaries were fed to their dogs, Lee made his first real power play. Before that battle, no one had any idea Lee was playing his own hand behind the scenes. What we didn’t know about Lee was that he put Mr. House’s world-ruling plan into effect by killing the old recluse and taking all of them underground warrior robots under his command.

If Lee were a bad man, we would’ve just moved from one dictator to another. But Lee had different plans. Instead of taking over, that beautiful SOB went and made a peace pact with the NCR. Now we have government and protection and functioning society all out and around New Vegas and the Mojave. We have fully cropped farms and useful labor that doesn’t have to worry about getting zapped by a fiend or stung by a cazadore.

Lee was proactive in cleaning up the place more than just strong-arming baddies and ghouls. He knew all about irrigation and rotating crops that none of us ever heard of. He even gave some schematics for changing the way we get around. Attach a brahmin to a cart and walk a mile an hour? Hell no! Now we have bicycles and tricycles and quadcycles and people are driving all over the damn place a lot faster than they used to.

And get this. Since Lee helped the Boomers at the Air Force Base out east, we now have functioning flying machines Lee calls "airplanes" flying in the sky! I **** you not! Airplanes!

Of course, Lee didn’t have the easiest time turning the Mojave from ****ville to Utopia. The truth is that politicians are real pieces of ****. President Aaron Kimball ain’t no different. Lee was the person that probably single-handedly stopped the prez from being assassinated at Hoover Dam. So how does he thank Lee? He tries to make Lee an enemy of the state after the war.

Thankfully a few of the people who fought in the shark tank with Lee were around to stand up to the president and not get us all blown to smithereens. I know that Colonel at McCarron, Hsu, was one of the ones who became outspoken against the president. And then the people at the Hoover Dam battle joined in, Colonel Moore and General Lee Oliver, and before you know it, a whole desert of NCR troops were willing to go to war against their president for Lee. Lee quieted that all down with his peace pact, though. No one except the people in the room with him know what that pact was, but they know the NCR went from military outfit to builders and community servants.

These days, we don’t know where Lee went. I heard he went to that ****hole known as Canadia, but I ain’t got proof. Just a trail of dead critters and .38 casings all over the damn desert. That’s all I know.

But the strange thing is there was reports of a fresh deathclaw slaughter of about 12 alphas with no dead humans around. That was out southeast of the Colorado. Reminds me of when Lee mentioned some Cage place. I thought he meant the Canadia area or even the Thorn, but I didn’t pay him much mind about the future. I'm a historian, after all. But hearing about those deathclaws…My first thought was, "Yep, that’s Lee all right." I can feel it in my boots.
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote