View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #149
djday45
All Star Starter

Caesar Brion

I have a confession to make as a kid with the board game Brion was one of my favourite fighters in the game. It was something partly to do with his name "Caesar" and partly he seemed a bit exotic as he was from South America.
His title bout card back then overrated him more than a bit, his current incarnation underates him a bit, the truth is something in between.

Brion was really a quality journeyman and gatekeeper in the division in the late forties and early fifties. His huge plus was durability. He was only stopped once right at the end of his career and this guy went in twice against Joe Louis! A faded louis too be sure but he still went 20 rounds with him.

Again as normal if i dont mention the rating i agree with it.

CHIN VS KNOCKDOWN -1. Upgraded one step, he was an immensley dura le fighter. This was his one big strength in the ring, he just would not be taken out. Im tempted to take him to Chuvalo levels but am holding back simpley cos he does not have George's amazing level of competition.

CHIN VS KNOCKOUT -1. See Above.

RECOVERY -1. See Above.

ABSORB PUNISHMENT -1. Up two levels. I'm discounting the Holman result as it was right at the end for him, this guy just did not get stopped.

HITTING POWER -5. Up one, he was a solid good puncher with a nice chopping right hand.

OVERALL RATING -6. Up one. Despite being a 6 he is really a quality journeyman who might sneak into your top ten occasionally. The game to my mind overates durability in the overall rating calculation, so despite being a 6 he will still lose quite a few decisions. The game had him on the money apart from his durability.

Last edited by djday45; 11-26-2008 at 11:40 AM.
djday45 is offline   Reply With Quote