View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #8
tylertoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
I tried making edits in the world_default.xml file -- in fact, I spent what seemed like the better part of the July 4 weekend trying to make changes in the .xml file and the in-game nation editor, all with no success. Others, however, say that changes in the .xml file can be made, and that changes in the nation editor can be saved. Don't tell me that such changes can theoretically be made. I don't want to know if you should be able to make those changes, I want to know if you can make those changes. I'd like to hear from people who have actually tried to change the .xml file or the settings in the nation editor if they have been successful or not, and, if they have, how did they do it.
Joe, when you say "all with no success", did you mean that the changes crashed the game, or the changes didn't stick, or something else?

I have seen reference, I believe, in another thread to changes in the .xml not sticking, that it reverts back to the original.

Also, I have seen recommendations to use Notepad++ for the editing (freeware), have you tried this?