View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 04:07 PM   #24
jcsturgeon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I really like the idea of a fan favorite level, and more interaction as far as interviews go. I have a couple things to ask.

Certain players (Lou merloni, Rich Garces, etc.) Were very big fan favorites while putting up unimpressive numbers, conversely some superstars (Manny Ramirez, Ken Griffey) aren't very well liked due to attitude and injuries.

I think fan favoriteism needs to not only be based on performance but as a result of interviews, and city. A blue collar city like Boston is going to like a hard working grind it out type player and a city with a poor ballclub is going to really like their own above average players more than he would be appreciated someplace else.

I think some other suggestions of my own would be:

Positive interactions with opposing ballplayers- I mean, why do you always have to fight with another player? Some players on opposing teams are the best of friends.

More interactions with teammates- You don't know much about your teammates in this game. You don't really get to talk to them at all. Maybe there could be more of an emphasis on comraderie. You need to spend more time with your teammates in order to build a cohesive, winning team.

That's about it, I think you guys did a great job laying down the groundwork for this game, I can hardly wait for ITP2!
jcsturgeon is offline   Reply With Quote