View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 05:45 AM   #38
traveller79
Minors (Rookie Ball)

To this point I managed to avoid posting on the forum, but I've got to stick up for 1963 Curt Flood. I've had Flood as my fulltime LF in gold for the past 2+ seasons and he's been a solid .290 hitter with a +42.3 ZR last year. He was 2.2 WAR as he was training up, then 5.5 and on pace for 5+ WAR again. Similar output to Bader, who's also been a ~5 WAR, +40ish ZR OF from day one. I've got my park set to 1.1 RH AVG, 2B, and 3B and .9 LH AVG and all HRs.

The best way I've found to FTP is to train up cheap defense-first CFs for all three OF spots. The most desirable silvers (Devon White, Lofton) can go for north of 1,000 PP, but it looks like they can continue producing through Diamond, especially in platoons. They won't put up big offensive bonuses, but with the right staff you will get more Putting Up Zeros and In Control achievements in the lower ranks. Plus they can remain useful defensive replacements when you upgrade to a big-ticket diamond or perfect.

Other budget silver OFs are Bader, Victorino, Kiermaier, and old favorite Pillar.
traveller79 is offline   Reply With Quote